Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Autism: my letter to you



Today is World Autism Awareness today. If you want to know more autism, you can get your learn on  here.


Dear Autism,

 If you didn’t know, today is World Autism Awareness day. Not that you really care, but this day is all about YOU. Yes, you Autism, you have a WHOLE day for the world to recognize who you are. I think it will take much more than twenty-four hours to tell the world about you. 

I see you on good days, bad days, sick days, and just about every day. You are every where I go. I notice puzzle pieces on a daily basis. I am always thinking of another way for you to understand me. 

You’ve broadened my mind and completely opened my heart. You make me slow down and look at everything in many different ways. Oh Autism, you have taught me more than I could ever teach you. My days wouldn’t be the same without you. 

You are very mysterious. A lot of people have many different theories on how you came about and why are you becoming more and more common. I have my thoughts but honestly, does that matter? I wouldn't trade you for the world. 


Forever grateful,

Scotti



No comments:

Post a Comment