Saturday, February 15, 2014

DIY:: SHELLAC!

I love a good manicure but I hate paying money for one! In attempt to be more frugal, I decided manicures from a salon were a "no-go." But then I ran across this on Pintrest.


I thought to myself, I could totally do this! I did some research on the "shellac hack" and it got pretty good reviews. Most people said it lasted well over 7 days and I got excited. Then, I came across another pin claiming to have "perfected" it. This girl added Gelous, second bottle green top. 



What & Where I bought it:
Sally Henson Hard As Wraps -- Walgreens
Gelous -- Sally's Beauty Supply
OPI's Skull and Glossbones -- Already had
Top Coat -- Sally's Beauty Supply



How to "hack" the shellac:

1 coat hard as wraps
1 coat gelous
1 coat polish
1 coat gelous
1 coat polish
1 coat top coat

*Let each coat dry before starting another.




I absolutely loved the results!! Overall this only cost about 15 dollars. Half of what a normal shellac manicure would cost me. But, the best part is for 15 bucks and I can get many more manicures out of those bottles! My shellac lasted about 6 days then I had a really rough day at work and I got a tiny chip. It was barely noticeable but to me it was HUGE. It drove me crazy so the next day I just took all the color off. 


I decided to paint my nails CAJUN SHRIMP by OPI. I LOVE this color! It's not too red for me! This is one of the best "pintrest projects" I've done! 


1 comment:

  1. Travelling is a good way to relax when you are under pressure at works. Therefore, things to do provides many reviews from people.

    ReplyDelete