Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Are A Gift

Growing up I always heard the phrase, "children are a gift from God." I always understood what it mean but as I am growing up and my friends are getting married and having babies, I am beginning to actually FEEL it now. Trust me, I do not have baby fever!  That being said, today one of my students looked at dead in the eye and said, "Miss Scotti Baker, you are a gift!" I was floored. I have to admit, it got me kind of teary eyed..I was gift..to someone, other than my family? No matter how he meant it, it was just another sign I am in the right profession.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet thing for you to hear. I truly believe God puts each child in our classroom for a reason...and often they are the ones that teach us a lesson.

    I actually have a poem I shared on my blog called "A Gift from God". I would love for you to come read it. I try and share lots of inspirational thoughts and poems. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I forgot I shared this already! I was visiting your blog again and just remembered how sweet that story is!

    I hope you come read the poem when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete