Saturday, July 21, 2012

end of summer

It is hard to believe that July is almost over! I have only 10 days of summer vacation left, it seems like yesterday I was crying about the summer blues. I’ve kept myself busy with working at camp, which was truly a blessing. I met some great people and some awesome kids. End of summer has always been kind of bittersweet for me. Bitter because school is starting, sweet because its my birthday! I love my birthday! I will be twenty-seven years old this year. TWENTY-SEVEN. That is such a weird number to me. It’s hard to believe I am in baby steppin’ into my late twenties. It’s just weird. 
Last week, The Knowledge Tree, had a teacher appreciation sale. I met up with my good friend Ashley and we were in teacher heaven. Even though I started teaching in January, I still think of myself as a first year teacher. This will also be Ashley’s first year teaching special education too! She will rock it. We were both like kids in a candy store in Knowledge Tree. We loaded up our basket, snacked on Chick-fil-a and then headed to the register to calculate the damage. Much to our surprise we didn’t spend over twenty-five buck each. We were both pretty excited. We even walked back in and got some border for bulletin boards. I know, we are both school nerds. Speaking of school I have been battling with decision to go grad school. The school I was most interested in, Delta State, moved all their special education grad courses on line. It was music to my ears. I would love to do it but it is the cost that is stopping me. I do not want to take anymore student loans out. There are a ton of loan repayment programs out there but they require you to work in a critical needs school district. Special Education is a critical needs subject so I believe it shouldn’t matter where you work. Maybe one day I will make the decision. Well, I am off to enjoy the of my summer vacation!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment