Sunday, October 21, 2012

Losing Count


October 20, 2012 must have been the day of weddings. I knew three couples getting married this day. I hate I missed 2 of them but I am honored to be by my "wingman" as she says I do. The day started early at the salon where the girls got dolled up and ready for the big day ahead. Most of the time, I normally go with the never failing hair style of "half up, half down." I decided to do it a little different this time. You can never go wrong with a side pony. 


The ceremony and reception was at Torie's grandparents house. It was beautiful. We walked down to Jason Mraz's I won't give up and danced back up the aisle to AC/DC's Highway to Hell. Everything was super laid back. 


We all know I have the reputation for being the 27 dresses girl. I wear that badge with honor. Being up there with a good friend watching her open a new chapter in her life is something I will always treasure. 


You would think that I would be burnt out on weddings but I'm not. I love weddings. I love what they stand for. I love seeing two people and the way they look at each other. I love seeing the bride and groom's style through the details of the weddings.  


I am getting old. I seriously can't remember how many weddings I have been in. Silly huh? I know the count is up to 6 since 2010. Before that I was a flower girl and junior bridesmaid. So that makes 8. I was a bride proxy for my girl Emily in May but we won't count that. I am a bridesmaid in March 2013. Then I will be at 9!! But the 10th one, that one will be the best....


My 10th wedding will be MINE! It is still weird to say that. "My wedding." I can't wait to marry the man that God made for me. I am ready for it all. I am anxious to feel those emotions that I will feel. I'm ready for that first kiss as a wife. I am ready for the MRS. I am just ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment