Saturday, February 2, 2013

Obsession.

Ok, so maybe obsession is a little dramatic for a blog post about owls. I love owls, a lot. Maybe the post should read borderline? Any one who knows me knows that I love the owl. The owl has blown up the past year. It seemed every where you turned there was an owl. I saw a lot of the little bird at flea markets and in clothing stores. It wasn't until I moved out of my grandmothers house that I took decorating seriously.

In college it was easy. Anything in a bright blue, pink, green, or yellow would pretty much match anything in my apartment. From bedroom to bathroom everything thing I had was BRIGHT! (Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth!) I did go through brief pastel phase but I completely blame that on Target. Even my kitchen was a rainbow. Espcially those cups that Wal Mart sold. I mean how can you beat a 4 pack of plastic cups for 88 cents. Ah, the college life.

Now, that I'm on the verge of being married and starting my life with A, I can't help but to look at things differently. I am into earthly and neutral tones. They are so "clean" to me. And I love clean look. My mom used to tell me all the time that I am the "old soul" in the family. I can see why now. Here are a few of my favorite owl pieces!

This came from a store in town. It's from one my BFF's Emily. I LOVE IT!
I love the "earthy" in this piece. I hope whoever makes this pottery has more! 

Owl Warmer. 
Can you guess where this tart warmer came from? WAL MART!! I love a good deal!


Another gift from my girl Em, she knows me!


This was one my first owls. I got it from Kirklands like 3 years ago for maybe 6 bucks. 

I love how my collection is from all over the place and nothing really coordinates. Thats what makes it collection. I can not wait to have our own and I can truly make it a home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment