Thursday, November 22, 2012

"SEW excited!!!"


Today is Thanksgiving! I am beyond blessed in my life and even though I never posted my "today I am thankful for" status updates I am thankful for so many blessings I have in my life. I am thankful for a lot of things in my life but I will not bore you with that. (If you guessed God, Family, Adrian, friends & Pancho then you are correct.) Now for the exciting news...thanks to Amazon and my lovely "beyonce" Adrian one of my Christmas presents came early... 

**drum roll please**

A SEWING MACHINE!!! 

I have to admit, I was a bit over whelmed when it first got here. So I just sat it on the counter and took it all in.

It was ordered on Monday, so imagine my surprise when it showed up on my door step Wednesday afternoon.


After the initial, "oh my, I really have a sewing machine in my living room." I got to work. I skimmed my  little miss crafty board on Pinterest to see if I could find those pins that would eventually come in handy. 

Macbook, Starbucks, & a Sewing Machine.

After searching Pinterest and not really finding something that helped me. I went to another trusted source. YouTube. YouTube taught me how to thread my machine and my bobbin. 

Some super cute fabric I picked up from Joann's.
(FYI the give a teacher discount!)

After searching through a dozen or so videos I found the one that really helped. Then I had to visit from my best girl...


It was getting late and she wanted to know what I was doing.

Let the mess begin......




Here are my two finished products. Both of these are on the same towel. I did ok, for a  newbie!


1st attempt. Straight lines are semi easy when you have a straight line.




2nd Attempt. My lines on this one are TERRIBLE. 

I only have 2 mini projects under my belt but so far, I am loving it. I have a looooong way to go and I am looking forward to this new hobby of mine. I have a list of things I want to make, but I have to remember everything takes time and practice. 

I am on the search for naming my new beauty. Here is the list so far:

Betty
Martha
BeeBee
Thelma

Hopefully the name will come soon. I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment