Tuesday, June 19, 2012

summer update

Well, I am glad to report that my summer blues has faded away. The first few days of summer were great. Sleeping in, well trying to. It never fails, I hit snooze at least 3 times on a “school day” but when it comes to the weekend or summer break I am normally bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7 am. You see this is my first summer in years that I don’t have work OR school. The past few summers I’ve loaded up with summer classes to get them out of the way. It sure paid off because my very last semester of college I was only enrolled in two classes. Now, its summer time, I’ve graduated and I’m off work until August. At the end of May I went to Siloam Springs, AR to see my very best friend from high school, Whitney Beth. We are the friends who don’t talk for months and one of calls out of the blue and pick up exactly where we left.  Well that is what happened, she called and invited me up to the Walmart share holders meeting. Siloam Springs is about 30 minutes away from the HOME of Walmart. I know what you are thinking, Walmart…share holders meeting….BORING! Well maybe for the big wigs but Walmart puts on concerts for their employees every year and they do not disappoint. This year the line up was: Chris Young, Carrie Underwood, Cheap Trick and Aerosmith. All I have to say is they all rocked!!! I loved spending time with such a good friend. After getting home things didn’t slow down. A. had a lot of doctor’s appointments and MRI’s which all came back clear! Thank the Lord. He will be going back to work soon, not sure he is happy about that but my love is healthy, that is all I care about. I’ve also started working on lessons for my class next year. I know what you are thinking, its only June! But I have my dream job and pretty big shoes to fill so I will be prepared. Also next week CAMP BOLD starts. I am beyond excited for this opportunity. Camp Bold is a camp for children with Autism Spectrum disorders. Autism fascinates me and maybe one day I will blog about it. My life has been touched because of the ASD and the kiddos I work with will never know the special place they have in my heart. I believe with my whole heart, working with children with special needs is my niche in life. This is why I am here and it’s all in God’s plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment